WAEC GCE (Second Series) registration is now available online. Authorities of West African School Examination council (WAEC) have notified the general public and interested candidate that they can proceed to register for the exam (Second Series) from May 14th 2018.
This page will give you all relevant information and instruction to successfully register for the 2018 WAEC GCE (Second Series). Continue reading below for a complete guide…
However, interested candidates are hereby informed that the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WAEC GCE Second Series) registration will start from 14th May 2018. In addition, the examination is for private candidates. However, you can read below for registration instructions.
WAEC GCE Registration Period
The registration is expected to span from 14th may to Friday 6th july, 2018. However, the registration period may be extended
How To Register For WAEC GCE 2018
First of all, interested candidates arc expected to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N13,950) only. However, the payment should be made at any of the participating banks below. Besides that, you can still pay at any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD.
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- Ecobank Ltd
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- Access Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nig. Ltd
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
- Diamond Bank Plc
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Skye Bank Plc
In addition, bank will charge you commission of five hundred Naira only (N500)
Also, you will be given registration PIN after payment. Next is to proceed to the website at
http://registration.waecdirect.org to start your registration.
Candidates With Special Needs
Also, candidates with special needs will register online like other candidates and they have to state their disabilities clearly e.g blind, low vision, spastic, speech impairment, etc.
However, all successfully registered candidates should take note of the below information
- First of all candidates are however requested to conclude their registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period.
- They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correctly entered.
- Also, they should print their Photo Card as evidence of successful registration which will serve as identification during the examination.
- Their Result Checker PIN will also be included on the Photo Card.
- Finally, only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
- First, Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Note that registration fee is not refundable after payment
- Remember to print the examination Timetable at the completion of your registration.
- Good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. Do use BLUE OR RED background colour
- Study the Regulations and Syllabuses. Visit the WAEC website at (http://www.waeconline.org.ng) to download timetable using the Registration PIN.
- However, mobile phone or electronic device would be allowed in the examination hall
- Also, ensure you go to your examination with your original photo cards
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled, but may be prosecuted.
See important links below: